2 May 2014 by Crystal HR & Payroll Ltd
HMRC has launched a campaign which encourages people to voluntarily disclose details of tax owed through another income.
HMRC’s Second Incomes Campaign gives you the chance to bring your tax affairs up to date if you’re employed and have additional income that’s not taxed.
You can take this opportunity if:
- you’re an employee
- you’re resident in the UK
- you have additional income from working for yourself.
A second income could come from:
- consultancy fees, e.g. for providing training
- organising parties and events
- providing services like taxi driving, hairdressing or fitness training
- making and selling craft items
- buying and selling goods, e.g. at market stalls, car boot sales or on the internet.
Watch the video to understand what it means to be employed but also work for yourself.