14 April 2019 by Crystal HR & Payroll Ltd
Tax Free Childcare
Are you and your employees missing out on Tax-Free Childcare?
For many working parents, childcare costs can play a large role when planning a return to work or considering their career options and working hours.
Tax-Free Childcare is a government scheme that can help, as eligible parents could get up to £2,000 per child, per year to spend on qualifying childcare.
Parents are usually eligible if they (and their partner, if they have one) are;
- in work or planning to return to work within 31 days
- each earning, on average, at least the National Minimum Wage for 16 hours a week, currently £125.28 if they’re 25 or over.
You don’t need to do anything, but telling your employees about Tax-Free Childcare could:
- help them with their childcare costs
- help their return to work
- help them work more hours, if they want to
- help you retain staff you’ve invested in.
For more information visit www.childcarechoices.gov.uk which includes a communications toolkit with products you can share.
At Crystal HR & Payroll we can help setup your payroll and employment contracts to ensure you are fully compliant and offer advice and support for you and your staff.
We’re here to help, whatever the question