Contact us
Back to news

PAYE: What to do if your employee asks why they don’t have a new tax code

2 April 2014 by Crystal HR & Payroll Ltd

This year HM  Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has not issued P2 coding notices to certain  customers where there is no effect on their tax.

P2s have not  been issued to those who:

  • are not in employment and/or not receiving Jobseekers or Employment Support Allowance, or
  • have no liability to tax, or
  • have a 2014-15 tax code that is the same as for 2013-14

Customers  need only contact HMRC if their circumstances have changed so they are no  longer in either of these three categories. They will then update their records  and issue a new code in the usual way. If any of your employees are in this  position, they should contact HMRC by email – follow the link below:

Email HMRC to tell them your tax code is wrong

Or they can contact HMRC’s Taxes Helpline by telephoning 0300 200 3300.

Get in touch with us to see how you can benefit from our outsourced services